Home Care Coordinator - Albany
REPORTS TO: Program
POSITION STATUS: Full time/Hourly Non-Exempt
31 Walter Street, Albany
The mission of Catholic Charities
Care Coordination Services is to recognize and respond to the needs of those
individuals and communities affected by chronic conditions in the Catholic
Diocese of Albany. We do this in the
spirit of compassion, advocacy and collaboration while preserving the dignity,
respect and sanctity of human life.
By enhancing individual and
family capabilities, we strengthen our communities and promote positive change
regardless of orientation, lifestyle or belief.
Experience, Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Computer literacy and demonstrated ability to
work within a Windows electronic health record format including competency
in using laptops
- Familiarity with and sensitivity to specialized
needs of people with chronic illnesses, HIV/AIDS, of people with substance
abuse and mental health issues, of people of color and of GLBT individuals.
- Ability to work with people of diverse
- Knowledge of chronic illnesses and ability to research
and seek out resources to provide clients with appropriate information.
- Familiarity with the cycle of poverty and working
with individuals and families experiencing poverty.
- Familiarity with and ability to access community
resources and services.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to provide strengths-based,
client-centered, proactive care coordination.
- Ability to manage stress appropriately, makes
decisions under pressure, handle multiple priorities, work alone and
manage anger/fear/hostility/violence of others appropriately.
- Ability to interact well with people and provide
an atmosphere of trust, mutual respect and caring.
- Strong communication skills – written and oral –
and ability to work with inter-disciplinary teams in service delivery.
- BA in health, education or human services OR
RN AND one year of CM or case work with persons with: HIV/AIDS or
other chronic conditions, a history of mental illness, homelessness,
chemical dependence, and/or other populations of persons in need. OR
- AS in health, education or human services OR
LPN or Certification as a CASAC AND two years of CM or case work
with persons with: HIV/AIDS or other chronic conditions, a history of
mental illness, homelessness, chemical dependence, and/or other
populations of persons in need. OR
- 60 credit hours of college study from a
regionally accredited college or university or one recognized by the NYSED
as following acceptable educational practices AND two years of CM
or case work with persons with HIV/AIDS, a history of mental illness,
homelessness, chemical dependence, and/or other populations of persons in
- Education requirements may be waived by the
agency if candidate demonstrates more significant experience (five or more
years) in case management, care coordination or care management along with
significant continuing education/training hours during previous employment
(minimum of 35 hours a year). Plan
for continued formal education is preferred, to work towards degree as
* Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org